After sending a marketing email from Gist, you can view the email report to see which contacts received your email. In some cases, a contact that appears in the Delivered tab may reach out letting you know that they didn't receive the email in their inbox as expected.
There are two common explanations for this:
- The email hit the recipient's spam or junk folder.
- The email was placed in a quarantine area by a security filter. In this scenario, the email was filtered after being received by the server but before it was placed in the recipient's personal inbox.
In both of these cases, Gist's server receives a confirmation from the recipient's server that the email was delivered. This is why the contact appears in the Delivered tab of your email report page.
If your recipients have looked in their spam or junk folders and still don't see your emails, there are a few other things to investigate.
- Is a particular contact that's not getting your emails? Ask them to add your From email address to their contact list or address book.
- If your From email address is in their address book, have them check their spam filter settings to be sure that your content and/or address isn't blocked.
- Are they using a webmail provider such as AOL, Yahoo, or Hotmail? These providers throttle delivery, which can sometimes result in emails taking about 24 hours to be delivered to a specific email account.
- Could there be an internal firewall? Some domains don't like seeing emails going to and from the same domain, via a third party. For instance, you may be sending an internal company newsletter from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the middle of that process, your email goes through a Gist server. Sometimes, particularly with corporate and university filters, these emails look suspicious and are blocked.
If you have any further questions, please start a Live Chat. Just "Click" on the Chat Icon in the lower right corner to talk with our support team.