Acceptable Usage Policy
By Jitta Rao
updated 5 months ago
To maintain the highest levels of deliverability for our customers, we do not allow certain types of email content as a policy.
Emails sent to market or selling goods, without adding any value to the subscriber, are not allowed. These emails receive a large number of spam complaints from subscribers. This results in a lower reputation score as an email service provider. This then has the ability to hurt the deliverability of our other customers.
Please don’t use Gist to send anything offensive, to promote anything illegal, or to harass anyone. You may not send:
- Campaigns offering to sell illegal goods or services
- Emails that violate CAN-SPAM Laws
- Pornography/sexually explicit content
Some industries have higher-than-average abuse complaints, which can jeopardize the deliverability of our entire system. Nothing personal, but in order to maintain the highest delivery rates possible for all our customers, we can’t allow businesses that offer these types of services, products, or content:
- Content that in any way exploits minors under 18 years of age
- Viruses, worms, phishing, malware, or any other potentially harmful software
- Purchased Subscriber lists
- Disguised self-identity, website, or industry
- Products, services, or content associated with forex, trading or binary options
- Adult content that is non-educational or non-artistic in nature
- Make-money-online or get rich quick schemes
- Gambling or betting related sites (legal or not).
- CPA affiliate type sites or similar affiliate type of sites, network marketing sites, affiliate educational offers, insurance sales or promotions
- Content that may incite violence, illegal activity, or contain hate speech
- Misrepresenting or impersonating another individual, business, or association with an individual or business
- Selling “Likes” or followers for a social media platform
- Poor performance due to your list collection methods or low quality content.
- Any content that is reported to us as unsolicited or may be perceived as spam.
Important: If you are found in violation of the above terms, your account may be closed immediately and without prior notice. A refund will not be provided. Export of any account data or details will be at Gist’s discretion.
Also, we cannot allow businesses involved in any aspect of the sale, transaction, exchange, storage, marketing or production of cryptocurrencies, virtual currencies, and any digital assets related to an Initial Coin Offering, to use Gist to facilitate or support any of those activities
The type of Affiliate Marketing we allow:
Emails that educate subscribers or provide something of value MAY include affiliate links. These kinds of emails do not lead to spam complaints, and we allow them.
Sending information about your own affiliate program to your registered affiliates allowed.
We also allow sending of affiliate marketing content to engaged subscribers. This content is expected by the subscriber base and does not result in spam complaints.
What type of Affiliate Marketing is not allowed:
We do not allow emails with the sole purpose to send affiliate links to a large number of subscribers.
We do not allow affiliate emails that endorse a third party product or service "out of the blue". Promotion for a 3rd party product should include education about that product.
We do not allow emails with suspicious or spammy content. This includes get rich quick schemes, gambling, multi-level-marketing, among others.
In addition to the above, we continually monitor accounts to ensure best practices are being followed. We review bounce, spam complaint, and unsubscribe rates to ensure accounts are operating within our terms. Elevated bounce, complaint or unsubscribe rates may result in manual review, suspension, or termination of the account. Any account closed for such a reason will not be entitled to a refund or export of any data or details including Subscriber lists.
If your content does not get reported as spam on a regular basis, we have no problem with your email content.
Will my account be suspended if I violate these terms?
- We will not suspend your account altogether, we will revoke access to emails.
- You can still access other Gist products.
- You will still be able to view and manage all your contacts.
- You will also have the option to export your contacts and close your Gist account. If you close your account, you will be charged a pro rated basis.
If you have any questions, start a Live Chat. Just "Click" on the Chat Icon in the lower right corner to talk with our support team.