Enabling Message Sneak-Peek for Live Chat
By Josh Slone
updated 6 months ago
The "Sneak-Peek" feature in Gist allows you to see incoming chats from visitors and customers in real time.
Activate Message Sneak-Peek
Activating the Sneak-Peak feature is simple.
- After you log into your Gist workspace, go to settings. On the lefthand sidebar, you'll see "Messenger".
- If the menu of Messenger settings is collapsed, you'll need to expand. If not, you will see "Advanced" as an option.
- You'll be taken to the advanced messenger settings page. One option will be for "Message sneak-peek". Turn it on and the indicator should turn from grey to blue.
Settings > Messenger - Advanced > Enable Message sneak-peek
Gist respects privacy, specifically the browser settings of visitors to sites with Gist installed.
Some of these settings include:
- In Chrome and Firefox, if Do Not Track is enabled, you will not be able to sneak-peek messages.
- For Safari, the "Ask website not to track option is by default disabled in the versions over12. Unless the visitor has manually turned this setting on, you should see sneak-peek.
Other browsers may also disable sneak-peak based on the privacy settings chosen by the browser and user.