Introduction to Automation on Gist
updated about 1 year ago
Using Gist, you can automate the most important but at the same time boring aspects of marketing. With the Automation section on Gist, anyone on your team can now use simple “if this, then that” style automation rules to perform menial tasks such as moving subscribers in and out of campaigns, applying tags to users based on their actions, deleting users from the database, and more.
Gist has over 20 triggers and actions that you can use to build as many automation rules as you want.
Here are the various triggers that are available to you on Gist:
1. Matches a custom audience - This is an event that is triggered when a user matches certain audience conditions.
2. Subscribed to a campaign - This is an event that is triggered when a user subscribes to one of your email campaigns voluntarily.
3. Applied a tag - This is an event that is triggered when a tag is applied to a user by you manually.
4. Removed a tag - This event is triggered when a tag is removed from a user.
5. Submitted a form - When a user enters their details on one of the lead gen forms available on your website, this event is triggered.
6. Unsubscribed a contact - This event is triggered when a user successfully unsubscribes from an email campaign. Note that even if a user unsubscribes from one campaign, they will be unsubscribed from all your campaigns.
7. Completed a campaign - This event is triggered when a user completes an entire campaign, i.e., receives all emails pertaining to the email campaign which they're subscribed to.
8. Clicked a trigger link - When a user clicks on a link either on your website or within your app, then they trigger this event.
9. Visited a page - This event is triggered when a visitor opens a particular URL or web page on your site.
10. Opens/reads an email - Gist tracks email opens as well. When a user opens an email that you sent to them, this event is triggered,
11. Updated a contact property - You can create custom fields on Gist. When a user fills a custom field that you set up, then the field gets updated and this event is triggered.
12. Submitted email in chat - This is an event that is triggered when a user submits their email in chat.
13. Exited from a campaign - This event is triggered when a user has satisfied a certain condition and exited from a campaign.
14. Performed an event - This event is triggered when a user performs a defined or custom event that you set up.
1. Apply a tag - A tag is automatically applied to a user when they match the set conditions.
2. Remove a tag - An existing tag is removed from the user when they match the given rules.
3. Subscribe to a campaign - A user is automatically added to an existing email campaign when they trigger an event.
4. Remove from a campaign - A user is automatically removed from an email campaign when they trigger an event.
5. Move from one campaign to another - A user is moved from one email campaign to another
6. Restart an email campaign - A user is resubscribed to an email campaign after they are removed from it previously.
7. Send a broadcast email - When a user triggers an event, they are sent a manual email by Gist.
8. Set a contact property value - Gist creates a custom field for the user when they match certain rules.
9. Delete the contact - A user is deleted permanently from the database.
10. Unsubscribe the contact - A user is automatically unsubscribed from an email campaign that they are subscribed to before.
11. Notify a teammate - Gist sends an email notification to the owner/teammates when they match the given rules.
12. Enroll into a Workflow - A user is automatically added to an existing workflow when they trigger an event.
13. Remove from a Workflow - A user is automatically removed from an existing workflow when they trigger an event.
14. Perform Math - This action is set to perform math operations (Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide) on a Number type property of the contact.
15. Add to Facebook Custom Audience - This allows you to add contacts to a Facebook Custom Audience when Facebook Ads accounts are connected to your Gist workspace.
16. Remove from Facebook Custom Audience - This allows you to remove contacts to a Facebook Custom Audience when Facebook Ads accounts are connected to your Gist workspace.
If you have any further questions, please start a Live Chat. Just "Click" on the Chat Icon in the lower right corner to talk with our support team.