Using Gist, you can automate the most important but the at the same time boring aspects of marketing. With the Automation section on Gist, anyone on your team can now use simple “if this, then that” style automation rules to perform menial tasks such as moving subscribers in and out of campaigns, applying tags to users based on their actions, deleting users from the database, and more.
Gist has over 20 triggers and actions which you can use to build as many automation rules as you want.
Here are the various triggers that are available to you on Gist:
1. Subscribed to a campaign - This is an event that is triggered when a user subscribes to one of your email campaigns voluntarily.
2. Applied a tag - This is an event that is triggered when a tag is applied to a user by you manually.
3. Removed a tag - This event is triggered when a tag is removed from a user.
4. Submitted a form - When a user enters their details on one of the lead gen forms available on your website, this event is triggered.
5. Unsubscribed from a campaign - This event is triggered when a user successfully unsubscribes from an email campaign. Note that even if a user unsubscribes from one campaign, they will be unsubscribed from all your campaigns.
6. Completed a campaign - This event is triggered when a user completes an entire campaign, i.e., receives all emails pertaining the email campaign which they're subscribed to.
7. Clicked a trigger link - When a user clicks on a link either on your website or within your app, then they trigger this event.
8. Visits a page - This event is triggered a visitor opens a particular URL or web page on your site.
9. Opened an email - Gist tracks email opens as well. When a user opens an email that you sent to them, this event is triggered,
10. Updated a custom field - You can create custom fields on Gist. When a user fills a custom field that you set up, then the field gets updated and this event is triggered.
And here are all the actions that Gist can take based on the trigger conditions set.
1. Apply a tag - A tag is automatically applied to a user when they match the set conditions.
2. Remove a tag - An existing tag is removed from the user when they match the given rules.
3. Send email campaign - A user is automatically added to an existing email campaign when they trigger an event.
4. Remove from a campaign - A user is automatically removed from an email campaign when they trigger an event.
5. Move between campaigns - A user is moved from one email campaign to another
6. Restart an email campaign - A user is resubscribed to an email campaign after they are removed from it previously.
7. Send a manual email - When a user triggers an event, they are sent a manual email by Gist.
8. Set a custom field - Gist creates a custom field for the user when they match certain rules.
9. Delete a subscriber - A user is deleted permanently from the database
10. Unsubscribe the subscriber - A user is automatically unsubscribed from an email campaign that they are subscribed to before.
11. Send a notification email - Gist send an emal notification to the user when they match the given rules.