When using Gist, encountering a bug or an unexpected error can sometimes be a frustrating experience. To help you resolve any issues effectively, we have compiled a list of the most common bug scenarios found and fixed by our team. Before submitting a support ticket, please review the following items, as the solution to your issue may already exist.
Before You Start
We highly recommend using Google Chrome for debugging Gist as it provides an extensive debugging tool. Follow these steps in Google Chrome to identify the error:
- Navigate to the webpage where the error is occurring.
- Right-click on the page and select the “Inspect Element” option from the screen popup.
- Once the debugging window appears, click on the “Console” tab to the right.
Submit a Bug Report
If you find a bug, learn how to submit a bug report to help us assist you better.
For issues related to WordPress, check for a plugin or theme conflict before proceeding.
Campaign Not Showing
If your campaign fails to load as expected, consider the following common reasons:
- No Embed Code: Ensure the Gist tracking code is embedded where it should appear on your site. For WordPress users, publish within the plugin, even if already published within the app.
- Browser Extensions: Extensions can interfere with Gist. Test using a brand new Incognito window.
- Browser Issues: Use major browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari, Opera) as some niche privacy browsers can prevent Gist from loading.
- Page Targeting: Possible conflicts between the Display Rules and the Output Settings could be the issue. Reach out to support for direct assistance.
By following the above-listed suggestions, you increase the probability of swiftly identifying and fixing any bugs or errors, ensuring a smoother, more reliable Gist experience.