Get started with live chat using the Gist Messenger
updated over 1 year ago
Gist’s live-chat product helps you communicate in real-time with your customers and website visitors alike.
You can respond to visitors’ queries in real-time, trigger targeted messages and start relevant conversations with website visitors, to onboard and provide live support to your new customers.
With Gist, you can:
- Talk to website visitors live and convert them into loyal subscribers.
- Get new users on board with helpful messages on how to use your product.
- Retain and upsell with automated messages and emails based on user behavior.
- Provide instant support to paid users and answer technical and product related questions.
- Capture email addresses or phone numbers of website visitors and contact them via email.
- Convert chat conversations into emails when visitors go offline.
- See relevant user information like user activity timeline, location, browser, plan, chat history and more.
- Send chat prompts to live visitors and start conversations proactively.
- View open, closed, and pending conversations, restart conversations.
- Search for keywords within conversations.
How to use live chat?
Once installed, your customers and website visitors will see the live chat button at the bottom right-hand corner of their screens whenever they visit your site or app.
Go to the settings page and customize the live chat widget to match your brand. We recommend you to choose a color that is representative of your brand vision.
You can also choose the text to be shown to visitors, and whether or not chat can be online offline.
Step 2: Add team members to work as a team.
Invite and add your teammates so you can collaborate and provide customer support at scale.
You can also create assigning rules to channel the right message to the right member on your team. (Coming Soon)
Step 3: Create saved replies
Prepare common replies and answers to FAQs beforehand so you don’t have to type the same reply every time. Saved replies and make support faster by simply inserting them whenever necessary.
As you complete all the four steps, you just need to customize the appearance of the chat widget, if you'd like. We strongly recommend you to do so too!
But if you're happy with the default setting, then you should now be ready to talk to your customers and visitors live, and provide awesome support.
When someone messages sends a message on your site, you will see their messages in your team inbox, along with key attributes and information like activity timeline, previous conversations, location, browser, and more. This will help you understand the context and will prepare you to provide better support.
If you have any further questions, please start a Live Chat. Just "Click" on the Chat Icon in the lower right corner to talk with our support team.