Integrate Gist with Zapier
updated about 1 year ago
Connect Gist to hundreds of other apps with Zapier
Zapier lets you connect Gist to 1,000+ other web services. Automated connections called Zaps, set up in minutes with no coding, can automate your day-to-day tasks and build workflows between apps that otherwise wouldn't be possible.
Each Zap has one app as the **Trigger**, where your information comes from and which causes one or more **Actions** in other apps, where your data gets sent automatically.
Your Zapier account - https://zapier.com
Your Gist account - https://getgist.com
How do I connect Gist to Zapier?
- Log in to your Zapier account or create a new account.
- Navigate to "Connected Accounts" from the top menu bar.
- Now click on "Connect new account" and search for "Gist"
- Use your credentials to connect your Gist account to Zapier.
- Once that's done you can start creating an automation! Use a pre-made Zap or create your own with the Zap Editor. Creating a Zap requires no coding knowledge and you'll be walked step-by-step through the setup.
- Need inspiration? See everything that's possible with Gist and Zapier .
Now you can use Zapier to integrate Gist with other tools that you're currently using for your business. Using Zapier, you can connect and sync data between Gist and over 750 other apps such as Salesforce, Aweber, Zendesk, Gmail, and social platforms like Twitter and Facebook.
Zapier moves info between your web apps automatically, so you can use it to automate events between two or more apps that you use. A Zap combines a trigger from one product with an action in another — whenever the trigger occurs in one app, Zapier automatically completes the action in another app without you getting involved every time.
Setup and configuration
Zaps and Feeds: Gist and Zapier work together using:
- Zaps – Managed in Zapier, zaps receive your data from Gist and send it on to another service
- Zapier Feeds – Managed in Gist, feeds serve data to Zapier when required
- Zaps and Zapier Feeds need to go together in pairs – create multiple pairs to integrate with multiple services.
Configuring a Zap
- Start a zap
- Publish a Zapier Feed
- Finalize your zap
How to create a zap
If you are new to Zapier and would like to know more about creating your own Zaps, Zapier has an excellent guide for the same. Below are some of the most popular Zaps to give you an idea of how you can integrate Gist with other products you may use.
Before you start using Zapier, it is important that you understand the difference between users and leads in Gist.
Following are the triggers supported by Gist:
- New user - Triggers when a new user is added on Gist so you can add them to your CRM
- New lead - Triggers when a new lead is created on Gist so you can send them to your sales tool
- New campaign subscription - Triggers when a subscriber is added to a campaign
- New subscriber tag - Triggers when a new tag is applied to a subscriber
- New page visit - Triggers when a user visits a page
- New custom event - Triggers when a subscriber performs a custom event
- Remove campaign subscription - Triggers when a subscriber is removed from a campaign
- Update custom field - Triggers when a subscriber custom field is updated
- Remove subscriber tag - Triggers when a tag is removed from a subscriber
- Tag Removed From Contact - Triggers when a tag is removed from a contact
- Unsubscribed From a Campaign - Triggers when a contact is unsubscribed from a campaign
- Updated a Contact Property - Triggers when a contact property has been updated
Following are the actions supported by Gist
- Subscribe to campaign - Subscribes someone to an email campaign
- New user - Creates a new user or updates an existing one
- IMPORTANT: In order to CREATE a new user, both the fields 'User ID' and 'Email' are mandatory. In order to UPDATE a user, it is mandatory to provide either the 'User ID' or the 'Email'.
- New lead - Creates a new lead or updates an existing one
- IMPORTANT: In order to CREATE a new lead, the field 'Email' is mandatory. In order to UPDATE a lead, the field 'Email' is mandatory unless an ID is provided.
- Remove tag from subscriber - Removes a tag from a subscriber
- Add tag to subscriber - Adds a tag to a subscriber
- Remove from campaign - Unsubscribes someone from one of their campaign
- Find a campaign - Finds an existing email campaign
- Find a user - Finds an existing user
- Find a lead - Finds an existing lead
About Gist integration
- Admin/owner permissions - there are no restrictions on what team member you must be to access Gist's integration features.
- Paid/versioned account - you can be on any plan to access Gist's integration features.
- Custom field support - Yes! You can use merge fields in Zaps.
Creating Gist contacts automatically from Gravity Forms
If you are collecting lead information using Gravity Forms, and would like to use those entries to create Gist contacts, you can use Zapier to do so.
Here's what you'll need to get started:
- A Zapier account - https://zapier.com/
- A Gravity Forms account - https://gravityforms.com/
- A Gist account - https://getgist.com/
In Zapier, start by creating a Zap that automatically takes new entries on Gravity Forms and use that data to create contacts in Gist. Read this guide more details about creating a zap.
Next, you'll need to connect your Gravity Forms account. After clicking on "Connect", you'll be asked to enter your login email, login password, and your Gravity Forms account name.
This Zap uses a webhook for an instant connection. So next you’ll need to copy the Zapier URL on this screen and paste it into the Webhook notification setting of your form.
After that, your Zap will be turned on and you'll have the chance to test it out with entries from your Gravity form. From now on, information from new Gravity form entries will end up as contacts in your Gist account.
You can follow a similar process to connect your Gist account with over 750 other web applications using Zapier. To see what other apps you can integrate Gist with, check Zapier's App Directory.
If you have other products or apps you would like to see integrated, let us know here.
If you have any further questions, please start a Live Chat. Just "Click" on the Chat Icon in the lower right corner to talk with our support team.